Sunday, January 18, 2009

Christmas 2008

Christmas was exhausting, but a lot of fun. I unfortunately still had to work 40 hours that week, most of it starting at 5:00 am so I was really tired. Of course staying up until midnight playing RockBand didn't help. But it was great to come home to a house full of the people I love most in the world. It was a big change after the two weeks I had spent home alone. There was plenty of good food and company for the whole week. I didn't get very many pictures somehow (see the exhaustion previously mentioned). Some of my favorite moments all had to do with singing - rather strange for a Stewart Christmas. Brandon's rendition of "Roxanne" had us all rolling, the kids and adults had a lot of fun singing "Dance, Dance, Leprechaun" with Josh one afternoon, and the girls treated me to some beautiful Christmas carols on Sunday night. We all missed having Grandma and Grandpa with us this year. Mom came through with the food storage. I had a lot of fun this past weekend putting together a backpack bursting with preparedness for my car. Peace of mind has to be the best gift of all. For Christmas next year I think I need to work on a job that gives me the holiday off.

This is as close as we got to reenacting the nativity story.



Lindsay and Laurel in their Christmas Eve jammies.





Megan helps sweet Josh with his new lacing toy.



The lightsabers for all of the boys were a big hit.





Evan in his batman costume (complete with muscles).


Evan (always the ladies man) couldn't get enough of little Jane.

Happy 2009 everyone! I can't wait until next year. Unless I talk Mom and Dad into taking Ryan and me to Hawaii that is.

1 comment:

museumeg said...

I love these pictures! They are so cute, except for the one with me in my pajamas with no makeup. Yikes! That was such a good Christmas. I don't think anyone will ever forget Brandon's rendition of "Roxanne." It will live in infamy.