Sunday, January 11, 2009

Boo hoo my hit counter isn't working!

How am I supposed to know how cool I am if my hit counter isn't working? I'm afraid to reinstall it because it will probably restart me at zero. That would be so lame. At least I can my check still check my coolness level on Facebook.

Speaking of restarting things at zero, last year I had to put a new speedometer/odometer in my car. That means that my car which really has 150,000+ miles looks like it only has about 7,000 according to the new odometer. I took my car into the dealership for service this week and the porter who brought my car out to me was super impressed by my car's low mileage. He even called over another guy to check it out. He was less impressed when I told him it was a new odometer.

Speaking of crazy people (okay we weren't talking about crazy people, this is a tangent), I ran into some crazy people on my lunch break today (unfortunately one of them was me). When I left for lunch the parking lot outside of Borders was super crowded. I put my car into reverse to back out of my parking space and a car passing behind me became so excited by my bright reverse lights that he immediately slammed on his brakes, effectively trapping me in my parking space. Apparently he wanted my parking space. The problem was that he was already half way past my spot and there was another car waiting behind him who also wanted my spot. So there I was, stuck in my parking spot, watching the driver blocking my exit gesticulate angrily to the car behind him who wouldn't let him reverse so he could get my spot. Meanwhile, the clock is ticking away on my lunch break. Then the guy blocking me reverses about two inches and then starts waving at me like that two inches was enough for me to now reverse my car. I'd had just about enough, but I bet you can't guess what I did next. You probably think I just sat there fuming. But no, I behaved in a very unLindsaylike fashion. I jumped out of the car and started yelling at the guy, and he had his window down so he could totally hear me. "Either keep driving or back up! Drive forward or back up! You're blocking me in! Keep driving or back up!" I yelled (I was also waving both arms around to signal the guy what I wanted him to do). Take a second and picture it if you would like. The sight of this small ball of fury must of freaked out both drivers because all of a sudden they both backed up and gave me enough room to back my car out. I gave them one last glare and then got back in my car and left for lunch. I guess today was not the day to mess with Lindsay.

2 comments:

museumeg said...

My blogometer isn't working either and I don't won't to reset it because I'm afraid it will go back to zero. I've been trying so hard for 5000 hits.
Way to go on telling those guys off. I totally cannot picture it. You're a crazy women and I'm proud to know you!

mhhigbees said...

You rock Lindsay! Can I borrow you to regulate a few people giving me a hard time?