This was a great weekend. Here are a few highlights.
1. Chick-fil-a opened on Friday and I made sure to stop by on my way home from work to support them on their opening day. I consider it a small miracle that they finally put my favorite fast food place so amazingly close to my house. Yeah Chick-fil-a! Long live chicken nuggets, waffle fries, and fresh lemonade!
2. Breaking Dawn finally came out! I finished the book Sunday night and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Brandon, Chelsea and I went to the party at my store to pick up our books at midnight. We got to jump the line since I'm an employee. I think Brandon was a little overwhelmed by all of the estrogen in the store. Thank goodness Stephenie finally wrapped things up, I mean what does a girl have to do to get herself turned into a vampire these days? I think it was easier in the old days. The other good thing about Breaking Dawn being out is that it makes work less stressful. By the time one of these big books comes out it is almost hard to be excited about it. This one was way better than Harry Potter 7. Maybe because there weren't little kids involved.
3. I got my hair cut and highlighted on Saturday. Now my graying hairs just blend in with the highlights. (And yes Mom, I do have gray hairs even if you can't see them.) My gray hair was really bugging me so I am jazzed. I was going to get my hair cut real short but I chickened out. Maybe next time.
4. Brandon and Chelsea came over to hang out with me. I love hanging out with those guys so I am always excited when they come over. We had pizza and watched 27 Dresses. Brandon left me a bunch of movies to watch so I am having fun catching up on the movies I have missed this year.
5. Mom will be home in less than a week and she's bringing Heather and the kids back with her. Mom and I have lots of fun hanging out and running errands together. I really missed her last week so I am glad that there is less than a week left now.
4 comments:
You have to post a picture of your hair. I want to see it. I was a little disappointed by Breaking Dawn. I would tell you why but I don't want to spoil it for someone. Sounds like you had a great week!
I wanted to say exactly what Jilynn said. . . show a picture of the hair. I just started Breaking Dawn. I was afraid to start it until I was done traveling because I was afraid I would stay up late reading and then I would be tired at the wheel. Yes, I have no self-control. . . .
I just finished Breaking Dawn and I loved it. It made me cry. So much love of family and friends. See ya soon Linds!
I feel so out of the loop since I haven't finished Breaking Dawn yet! I am LOVING it so far! I think I will be sad when I am done though :( I can't wait to see your hair how fun, yay for hilights! It's going to be so much fun to play with the kids next week. Let us know if you have any especially fun days planned that B and I could come. We were thinking about taking a day off or something. Let us know!
Post a Comment