Monday, August 18, 2008

Adventures in Swimming

Here is Laurel doing a bellyflop. She is a great swimmer and diver, but I think with the camera rolling she got a little nervous. Like the wicked auntie I am you can hear me laughing super hard in the background. When I ask her if she's okay she says, "I'm kind of sore."

Jonathan was a little nervous in the pool at first but by the end of the week he was paddling around by himself with a life jacket. He kept saying over and over, "I'm swimming! I'm swimming!" I also heard him say a couple of times, "I'm not drowning!" I don't think anyone was more thrilled than Heather that Jonnie could be in the pool without her. The kids wanted to swim all day and Heather was happy to watch them from outside the pool for once.


Here is a good one of Laurel diving. I don't want you to think she just bellyflops all the time. By the end of the week she was diving really well. Notice the way she enunciates torpedo.

And finally here is Lindsay. She is learning how to dive and working on her freestyle.

2 comments:

museumeg said...

I love the videos! Those were so cute! Oh how I wish I could have been there!

mhhigbees said...

Thanks for putting these on, we had a good time watching them. Michael got to see them too!