I decided to continue my Reese's reviews. The last candy bar reviewed was the Reese's Whipps bar back in 2009. You can read it here if you would like to reminisce. Just for the record, I think the ultimate Reese's creations are the holiday shaped ones. I don't care if it's an Easter egg, a pumpkin, or a heart, those things are dang good. The perfect peanut butter to chocolate ratio for me.
So here are the two contenders:
A. Reese's Fast Break: Peanut butter and nougat covered in regular Reese's chocolate.
B. Reese's NutRageous: Peanut butter, caramel, and peanut all covered in some thick nasty chocolate.
I think you can see where this is going.
Nutrition-wise
Both have the same number of calories. NutRageous has 4 more grams of fat, but it also has 1 more gram of protein if that is important to you.
Taste
A. Reese's Fast Break: The same taste as a Reese's holiday product, but a bit chewier due to the nougat. Altogether a satisfying alternative when there isn't a holiday going on.
B. Reese's NutRageous: The delicious Reese's peanut butter is there, but that's about all this thing has going for it. The peanuts seem like a good idea, but they taste kind of over-roasted, and why add peanuts to peanut butter? I couldn't really tell the caramel was there at all.
The Ultimate Champion
And the winner is Reese's Fast Break obviously. Although NutRageous would totally beat the nasty Whipps bar, it didn't stand a chance against Fast Break.
I'll be back again with more reviews once I've burned off enough calories.
1 comment:
You crack me up Linds. I do like the Fast Break though. I concur.
Post a Comment