Sunday, January 17, 2010

Have you ever . . . ?

Dear female, married friends and family,

Have you ever . . .

- purposely not reached across and unlocked your date’s car door to send the message that a second date might be unwelcome?

- purposely crushed your date at a video game in order to get him to go home early?

- beat your date at bowling even though your Mom always told you to let boys win?

- repeatedly taken jobs which required you to work on Friday and Saturday nights?

- said no to a first date?

- broken up with a boy you liked because there were other boys you might want to date?

Just curious. This being single and 30 thing isn’t going over too well with me and I have been obsessing over where I went wrong.

5 comments:

Gramsie said...

I never said "always let them win".
I just suggested you be careful with their egos.

Chelsea Stewart said...

I am guilty of some of those. I think if you are not interested in a guy, it's okay to give him a hint. But I would only say no to a first date if the guy was a total psychopath or something. I don't think you ever took a wrong turn, I think it's just the way the path goes, as you move beyond the singles ward scene, life changes, dating changes. The hard part is finding out how to make dating & socializing fit into your life now. But you have a promise, your turn will come. For now, you are the best Auntie, sister and friend, and we love you!!

museumeg said...

Amen Chelsea! And not unlocking the door is kind of hilarious. I've never been good enough at video games to beat a guy! That's impressive!

Jilynn said...

So that's why you worked at Hollywood Video for so long?! :) Now isn't the time to start second guessing everything, if it was going to work out with one of those guys it probably would have. I can't really think of anyone from college that would have been good enough for you. All I can say is try to stay positive and be hopeful! (I know that's not always easy!) If you want a change of scenery (meaning men!), move to AZ. We have a ton of singles wards and you can live with me until you figure everything out. :)Love ya!

Sarah said...

That's a funny list. And I don't think second-guessing is the answer, because look how many of us can say we've done some things similar to your list? Most of us. Just Tyler alone has a list of things I've done to him (before I ever married him). This included breaking up with him on his birthday, and saying yes when I guy in the ward asked me out because I didn't know what else to say ("how 'bout - Tyler and I are dating and have been for at least half a year?"). I like hearing about your life and your funny things to say :)