My nephew Josh, Megan's oldest, was diagnosed with autism last year.
Here he is enjoying a piece of his little sister's first birthday cake. You can tell how much he is enjoying it by the amount of chocolate on his lips.
Josh's diagnosis has been hard on all of us. I wish I could do more to help, but it is hard to do much from so far away. So when I was trying to think of a gift for Megan for her upcoming birthday I thought it would be nice to do something to help Josh and their family.
So in Josh's honor I'm going to participate in a walk for autism next month on April 25. I would love for anyone who lives in the area to join me.
The whole point of doing this walk is to raise money. The money goes to Autism Speaks which is an organization which raises awareness about autism and funds research for new treatments and a cure.
If you'd like to sponsor me you can donate at the following website: http://www.walknowforautism.org/faf/r.asp?t=4&i=288321&u=288321-250434567
Thank you!
6 comments:
Oh Linds! You made me cry! Thank you so much! I love you so much! You are so wonderful! Josh is so lucky to have you as an auntie!
BTW, This is one of the BEST birthday presents ever!
Lindsay - you rock.
This is such a great idea Lindsay! Brandon and I joined your team so we can walk with you!
How stinkin' awesome - you've got our support! I was excited to see it is at the Rose Bowl. That is a really special place for Chip's family. We will be thinking of you on the 25th - good luck - and what a wonderful thing!!!
You've got my support, Lindsay. What a good thing you're doing for your darling nephew.
Post a Comment