Friday, March 6, 2009

Borders Zone 10

I know, I know, another Borders Zone already? But I have to share the good news.

I still have a job!

The layoffs happened yesterday and I fortunately wasn't one of them. This is a huge relief for me as I'm sure you can imagine. Although my job isn't my dream job, I am extremely happy to have it considering the current state of the economy. They laid-off a manager and a supervisor at my store. Unfortunately that means that my friend Jon lost his job. It was a strange day. On one hand I was tremendously relieved to still have a job, but on the other hand I keep thinking about Jon and worrying about him. The mood was pretty somber today.

Thank you to all of you who worried with me and helped me deal with the stress. I'll try to be more patient with the crazy customers now that my job is safe for awhile. Now get out there and buy some books at Borders people!

2 comments:

mhhigbees said...

Hooray Lindsay. I am so happy for you.

Sarah said...

yeah! that means there are still more borders zones to come. btw, I like your new background - super cute