Sunday, July 6, 2008

That Disney Wonderful Feeling


I've been meaning to post this one for awhile, but I forgot I had downloaded the picture. This is a shot of me and Jane on Buzz Lightyear. I am clearly spanking Jane as far as points go but let's not hold that against her since she is only five months old. If you are having trouble spotting Jane in the picture she is sitting on my lap and you can just see the top of her little red head. She just sat quietly on my lap throughout the ride, totally entranced by all of the flashing lights and bright colors. Jane is the sweetest little baby around. She is remarkably pleasant.

We actually ended up having a really nice time at Disneyland. It was much less hot and crowded than Mom and I predicted. I have no idea how many times I've been to Disneyland over the years, but I still find out something new everytime I go. This time we discovered that there is a baby changing place, the Plaza Inn has really good dinners in addition to fun character breakfasts, and Jason hates fun. Just kidding Jason, sort of. Brandon and Chelsea came and joined us in the afternoon and we even ended up staying to watch the fireworks. I love going to Disneyland, especially with the family. I like Mom's style - emphasis on good food and shopping with a few rides thrown in. Hopefully I'll be able to sneak a few more trips in before my pass expires.

3 comments:

mhhigbees said...

Lindsay I love going to Disneyland with you too! I have some great memories taking the kids to Disneyland with all of you. I know the kids have totally loved it too! I agree Mom's style is much more pleasant than the old, "run as fast as you can to get on every ride until you feel like your feet and legs will fall off!"

Julie said...

You're so lucky to live so close and have the pass. Since I've only been once and we will probably only go every 3-4 years I feel like we do go crazy and wear ourselves out. I would love your mom's approach. I guess we are just the typical out-of-state tourists. . .

museumeg said...

I love the picture, especially Jane's cute little red head. Maybe you should have fired her gun too so she had a few points:) I'm glad you had fun!