Sunday, June 1, 2008

Martha Stewart Weddings

For some reason I am always compelled to buy the latest issue of Martha Stewart Weddings. I held out for the last couple of months but I bought the latest issue tonight in a panic after discovering that it was being pulled from the sales floor already. Luckily it is a quarterly magazine so I don't have to go through the ordeal of purchasing a copy very often. I am always embarrassed to buy it because marriage is definitely not in my immediate future (nor has it been for the many years I have been a loyal reader). I even lied once when the salesperson asked me if I was getting married and told her I was buying it for a recently engaged friend. Oh the shame! But I just really like the magazine and they have great ideas and tips on planning a beautiful wedding. And having been raised in a "no white shoes before Easter" family I am always concerned about doing things the proper way. (Reading too much British literature at an early age might have had something to do with that too come to think of it.)
Although I feel stupid buying the magazine it is also one of the few ways that I shake my fist in the air and show that I haven't given up on getting married. It is just a small way to remind myself in the hustle and bustle of becoming an independent, single working girl that my ultimate goal is eternal marriage and a family of my own.

4 comments:

mhhigbees said...

I love you Lindsay. I am glad you haven't given up. You will make a great wife to some lucky guy some day!

Jilynn said...

I thought I knew you pretty well, but I never would have guessed! I think it's great because when you do get married it will be one of the prettiest ever because you will be so prepared! I can't wait to be there!

museumeg said...

Martha's magazines are so beautiful! Too bad they make me feel like a slacker so I never read them. Love you Linds!

Julie said...

Oh that's great! I love that you do that because now we will all look forard to your wedding as THE wedding.