Monday, June 22, 2009

Littering?

At least once a week, I find a flyer left on my car when I leave work. I am usually out of patience by the time I leave work so I take the flyer and drop it on the ground instead of taking it into my car with me.

My question - Is that littering?

I figure I am just moving the litter that someone already placed on my car. I have a hard enough time keeping my car trash-free without bringing flyers into the mix.

About a week ago someone left a small paper flyer under my windshield. I didn't notice it until I had already pulled out so it stayed there. I forgot about it by the time I got home so it was there the next day when I went to work. I decided to just leave it there and see how long it lasted. It survived a bit of rain, some fog, and several 80 mph freeway trips. It was still hanging on this morning when I parked my car and went into work.

But when I left, the flyer was gone. The funny part was that the crinkled old flyer had been replaced by a fresh flyer tucked into the driver's side window. I guess the flyer person saw my old flyer and thought I could use a new one.

2 comments:

museumeg said...

You seriously just throw the paper on the ground? That's kind of funny. That's a good experiment! That's kind of crazy that it lasted that long, even crazier that you drive 80 on the freeway!

Jilynn said...

Funny! I don't think I could leave it there that long, it would drive me crazy!